GTA V | GTA ONLINE | Hype Thread- Crew Initiation (Top of 1st page)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

If you would like to join a PS3 GTA crew. Add me on Rockstar social club here and I will send you an invite. Just inform me who you are on gamespot

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/eastcoast_society/hierarchy

Also, not to be selfish. If you have an organized crew with a good start of 5+ members. I will post your crew

up here on this page so there can be initiations, tournaments, and a strong network of R* social club and Gamespot.

Just pm me if you have any ideas or if you want to join or promote a crew.

Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In stores everywhere

NOTE: This game is RATED M for Mature for Intense Violence, Blood and Gore, Nudity, Mature Humor, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, and the Use of Alcohol and Drugs.

• Systems: PS3, Xbx 360
  • Price: 59.99
  • Online Multiplayer Confirmed

GTA V's single-player story is told through three player-controlled protagonists: Michael(Right), Trevor(left), and Franklin(Middle), criminals whose stories interconnect as they complete missions together

During story missions, the player can switch between the protagonists as they work together to accomplish an objective; in one such mission, Michael rappels down the side of a building, Franklin provides covering fire with a sniper rifle, and Trevor controls the getaway helicopter. A gameplay video showed that players have the ability to execute heists in one of two ways; players can choose to take a "loud" approach to the mission (such as going in with guns) or a more tactical approach (such as using sleeping gas).

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Young_Charter

Coming Soon

Rockstar Games teased a lot infos of the upcoming GTA 5 game, which is a unconventional behaviour for them. However it seems like they have another big secret in their pocket called:Grand Theft Auto Online. Why they call it that way brings up speculations about the GTA 5 Multiplayer functions. Did they create a groundbreaking innovation for online gaming? The title indicates that the new system will also be used in subsequent releases. R* is promising more specific details in August with new media to be published additionally.

WHY IS GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE CRAZY ENOUGH TO WORK

(link has rest of the article. This is just the first few paragraphs)

By Shaun Mclnns, Editor of Gamespot

GTA Online is Rockstar's effort to marry carefully crafted multiplayer with the anything-goes nature of an open world.

-Shaun Mclnns

I'm watching four members of Rockstar North pull off a heist in Grand Theft Auto Online. This is hardly some two-bit job; it's a carefully orchestrated mission where each player assumes a different role in an effort to infiltrate a secured storage yard and make off with a truck full of high-value merchandise.

It's going well. Two of the players have managed to jump in the truck and endure a white-knuckle freeway chase stretching from the grimy warehouse district of Los Santos to an unassuming patch of farmland in the Blaine County countryside. As they drop off the truck, the other pair of players--the ones who've been tailing along providing invaluable cover fire--pull up beside them in a zippy sports car. Smiles abound as the group revels in its successful heist. Just when it looks like everyone is about to pile together and cruise into the sunset, the player behind the wheel says, "Sorry! I've only got two seats. But I do have this for you." It's here that the driver flips his partners the bird and peels off in a cloud of dust and laughter.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is Grand Theft Auto Online in a nutshell. GTA Online is Rockstar's effort to marry the carefully crafted structure of mission-based multiplayer with the unpredictable, anything-goes nature of an open-world experience. It's a delicate balancing act to be sure, but if our first look is anything to go by, Rockstar has already hit its mark.

GTA Online is Rockstar's effort to marry carefully crafted multiplayer with the anything-goes nature of an open world. First, a bit of context. Grand Theft Auto Online is not a standalone retail product; it's included with copies of GTAV. Some narrative overlap connects GTA Online with the story campaign, including a handful of shared characters. In fact, you can even switch between the two modes by selecting your multiplayer avatar from the very same character wheel used to jump between Michael, Trevor, and Franklin in the main storyline.

But GTA Online is its own beast: building your criminal empire in this part of the game requires navigating through a very different dynamic, with earnings and progression separate from those found in the story campaign. In fact, Rockstar's aim is to spin this off into its own separate entity altogether. That's why GTA Online is being built on a separate development schedule, and why it will release shortly after GTAV on October 1 via a patch to the main game. But don't worry; you'll be able to get yourself suitably hyped up thanks to a countdown timer Rockstar plans to include in the game prior to the patch.

The whole thing takes place within a world that aims to feel far more alive than any of Rockstar's previous multiplayer offerings. Switching over to GTA Online, you're immediately dropped into a world shared by 16 players. No need to match up with other people using some free-roaming lobby--merely jumping into GTA Online is enough to tell the game you're ready to free-roam alongside other players.

(Okay guys you could read the rest if you like on the link above. This was just a taste on the first batch of the review by Shaun)

If you are interested in anymore information about the new and improved GTA Online check these links out by Playstation Universe (PSU)

• http://www.psu.com/a020527/GTA-Online-free-and-launches-after-GTA-V
  • http://www.psu.com/a020526/GTA-V-Online-trailer-reveals-user-created-deathmatches-and-races
  • http://www.psu.com/a020527/GTA-Online-free-and-launches-after-GTA-V
  • http://www.psu.com/a020530/GTA-V-multiplayer--the-unanswered-questions

Each of The Characters will be distinct from one another (as their brief descriptions would imply) in both appearance and personality, with the player apparently able to switch between any of the three at nearly any time. Rockstars Dan Houser points to the lessons learned with Red Dead Redemption and the Liberty City Episodes for an understanding of the studios thinking behind the new main characters. According to Houser, the benefits of telling three distinct stories in one city seemed like a logical evolution of their formula:

Its been very challenging, because before you were trying to keep one story alive and now youre trying to keep threeIts definitely had complexities and things that have challenged us, but I think the advantage at a very simplistic and blunt level is it lets you tell a more complex story in a more naturalistic way. It is the same with game design as it is with story design, so you arent forcing the lead character through every situation and every piece of information. At another level, it lets you play as both protagonist and antagonist. We hopefully have a strong and interesting cast of supporting characters, but maybe less wide-ranging than in previous games because a lot of the time, the people youre not necessarily fighting with, but bickering with, are your other lead characters.

That approach to video game storytelling is uncommon in triple-A development, and Rockstar is already discovering why that is. The challenge is larger than any theyve faced before in terms of plot, but Houser believes it will pay off for players:

Were all starting to feel that its our strongest plotted game because the characters are so intertwinedWhen youre advancing Michaels story, youre also advancing Trevors story in a different way, and the meeting points are very exciting. I think making that work has certainly been challenging given our inexperience and lack of skill, but weve done our best to come up with something we think is giving this much more densely plotted experience that we couldnt have pulled off when you always need the lead character in every moment.

The emphasis on extreme sports and exploring the countryside goes far beyond missions or linear pathways. According to Art Director Aaron Garbut, The Imitation-Los Angeles concocted for GTA V is larger than the environments of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and GTA IV combined. We dont know if thats including the coastal shelf explorable via SCUBA, but either way, Garbut explains that the updated version of Los Santos is designed to bring every aspect of L.A. to life, not just the gang culture highlighted in San Andreas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Serious question: why doesn't Rockstar make this for PC?? I think Hermits deserve this game just as much.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Young_Charter

Serious question: why doesn't Rockstar make this for PC?? I think Hermits deserve this game just as much.

Davekeeh
I'm trying to figure out if they're holding off for a little while for some odd reason. I think GTAV for PC would be sick. Especially for mods and etc.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Davekeeh
I think you can be sure that Rockstar is making this for PC, a million copies are still a million copies. Rockstar are probably just working on more security so all those f´uped pirates wont get so lucky with cracking the game. .
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Young_Charter
I'm playing through Max Payne 3 again, and the thought of MP3's gunplay mixed with GTA's driving and open world...hyping 9.5getyeryayasout
I have to still check that out. I heard the Online Mode was awesome.
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts
[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

Jacanuk
I think you can be sure that Rockstar is making this for PC, a million copies are still a million copies. Rockstar are probably just working on more security so all those f´uped pirates wont get so lucky with cracking the game. .

No game is bulletproof for pirating unless it's only multiplayer, even then it's possible but the pirate is more likely to be caught. I'm surprised if there isn't a pirated version within a couple of days to a week after release.
CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

valium88

No game is bulletproof for pirating unless it's only multiplayer, even then it's possible but the pirate is more likely to be caught. I'm surprised if there isn't a pirated version within a couple of days to a week after release.

console game are pirated before they even come out

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Nice thread.

valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 valium88

[QUOTE="valium88"][QUOTE="Jacanuk"] I think you can be sure that Rockstar is making this for PC, a million copies are still a million copies. Rockstar are probably just working on more security so all those f´uped pirates wont get so lucky with cracking the game. . CroidX

Wasn't that the case with the 360 version of Skyrim? I seem to recall a youtube vid of a pirate playing it before release.
Chuubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chuubby
Member since 2012 • 251 Posts

**** Money Weed, all a **** needs.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

It will come to PC it will just be late. 

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts

Davekeeh
Probably working on some next level stuff for the PC. The consoles are really dated at this point, and I would be surprised if they look as good as the screen shots even.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Playing through GTA 4 and it's DLC to get primed for this game. Cant wait.
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 valium88
[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

CJ_ofCamelot
Probably working on some next level stuff for the PC. The consoles are really dated at this point, and I would be surprised if they look as good as the screen shots even.

Sounds very likely. Their job posting a while back "porting of the latest games" probably involves RDR and GTA V, both enchanced versions for the PC in the near future.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="valium88"] No game is bulletproof for pirating unless it's only multiplayer, even then it's possible but the pirate is more likely to be caught. I'm surprised if there isn't a pirated version within a couple of days to a week after release.

Nope, nothing is bulletproof, if people want to crack there are always some smart kid out there who will crack the shit, like we saw with Geohot and the iphone and ps3. But it will take longer and the longer it takes the more copies can be sold.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Young_Charter
Playing through GTA 4 and it's DLC to get primed for this game. Cant wait. Heil68
Same here man. The Ballad Of Gay Tony was the best Imo
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jacanuk

[QUOTE="valium88"][QUOTE="Jacanuk"] I think you can be sure that Rockstar is making this for PC, a million copies are still a million copies. Rockstar are probably just working on more security so all those f´uped pirates wont get so lucky with cracking the game. . CroidX

Most are, but with consoles its not as easy to get to play it as it is on pc, thats why we can see a sale of 19mill copies on console compared to only 1mill on PC.
CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

[QUOTE="CroidX"]

[QUOTE="valium88"] No game is bulletproof for pirating unless it's only multiplayer, even then it's possible but the pirate is more likely to be caught. I'm surprised if there isn't a pirated version within a couple of days to a week after release. Jacanuk

Most are, but with consoles its not as easy to get to play it as it is on pc, thats why we can see a sale of 19mill copies on console compared to only 1mill on PC.

how many games on console actually sell 19mil Diablo 3 on pc managed to sell over 13 million

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Davekeeh

Thought you left. I was happy

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Playing through GTA 4 and it's DLC to get primed for this game. Cant wait. Heil68

I never had the EFLC expansion but I got it today, it was on sale on GMG for like 6 EUR. Couldn't say no really

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
I'm waiting for the PC version, but I'm pumped for this!
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Davekeeh
It will come to PC, just not day 1. Give it time.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

Will get it when released on pc.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Young_Charter

Will get it when released on pc.

The_Lipscomb
Should come by Q1 next year.
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Cant believe this game is coming out so close to kingdom hearts 1.5 :(

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Very hyped for this game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#30 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Davekeeh
Why? They'll just mod it, and that ruins games, doesn't it?
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

This game can't come out soon enough. The year has been dry as hell for me, I've bought Metro: Last Light and Bioshock Infinite and that's been it for new releases that I've purchased this year. I really need another game, and this is going to be it. 

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts
This one is going to be special. Looking forward to it probably more than any GTA before just because San Andreas took me by complete surprise at the time.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Nice thread. Can't f.ckin' wait!
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

TBHBO

Good thread, TC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

I never had the EFLC expansion but I got it today, it was on sale on GMG for like 6 EUR. Couldn't say no really

seanmcloughlin

Very nice deal ! You will find the DLC, especially The Ballad of Gay Tony, to be a lot better than GTA IV

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

This game will be f***ng incredible!

Please Rockstar, announce the next gen versions before i get 360 one.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#38 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

its AAAA just becuase of its popularity, hype and name. not qualtiySNIPER4321

Isn't is sad?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k

its AAAA just becuase of its popularity, hype and name. not qualtiySNIPER4321

I'm hyping this AAAA because this will be the pinnacle of sandbox games of this generation. Rockstar are the best sandbox game developers out there.

Meanwhile Watch Dogs looks like a lamer version of GTA and will score no more than 8.0.

Yeah yeah you will obviously respond with corrupted media and what not, but the fact remains that GTAs quality far outshines any other sandbox game out there.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 R4gn4r0k

watch dogs is primilary build with PC in mind while this game is build with console in mind. GTA has been done to death many times. watch dogs is something new.SNIPER4321

Yeah but we don't know yet if that 'something new' will turn out to be a great addition or just a stupid gimmick. I have way more faith in Rockstar than I have in Ubisoft. And you should too, given Ubis trackrecord with PC gaming.

The 3-player mechanic is something new in GTA too, and frankly it looks like it will be great to switch between characters both while playing missions and not.

Also we saw the PC version of Watch Dogs last year at E3 and we haven't seen a single PC screenshot or video ever since. If that is no reason to be sceptical I don't know what is. Ubisoft could've switched focus to the PS4 and Xbone versions. And tbh I think they have. I remain very sceptical but I hope they both turn out great.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
BATTLE OF THE HYPE THREADS
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Hermits and sheep have been fvcking owned.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Hermits and sheep have been fvcking owned.

NathanDrakeSwag

gunna be a sweet game imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

Looks promising, at least it will be fun unlike that dull crap Watchdogs.

Lets walk around a city hacking ATM's and camera's........

10 minute game.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Looks promising, at least it will be fun unlike that dull crap Watchdogs.

Lets walk around a city hacking ATM's and camera's........

10 minute game.

AMD655

Totally agree. Watch Dogs looks stupid. 

kickingcarpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kickingcarpet
Member since 2011 • 570 Posts

i hate to be a negative nancy but isn't it peculiar that this game has not gone GOLD with only a month to go, no advertising campaign and a gameplay trailer that is mostly cutscene? I find there silence a little to silent especially for how big this game is going to be....please tell me im wrong

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

i hate to be a negative nancy but isn't it peculiar that this game has not gone GOLD with only a month to go, no advertising campaign and a gameplay trailer that is mostly cutscene? I find there silence a little to silent especially for how big this game is going to be....please tell me im wrong

kickingcarpet

No.  You have a good point there.